I really had a lot of fun making this card. I am always amazed at what I can do with the cutting files from The Cutting Cafe. These cutting files sure make it a breeze when I am doing my crafts. What I like best about the Pinwheel cutting files is all the great pre-made sentiments included with it.
- Cutting Machine (Sizzix, Cricut, Pazzles, Boss Kut, etc) with Software
- OR Vector Viewing/Editing Software, a Printer, and Scissors
- Desktop Publishing Software
- I personally use SVG files with a Cutting Machine and Compatible software for the machine.
- The tutorial will focus if needed on SVG files, if you use another format included you should be able to adjust where needed.
- If you don’t have a cutting machine you can use the PDF and SVG files to print them to your printer and use scissors to cut them out, you will have to adjust where needed for this.
Other Products Used
- Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Pink Cardstock
- K & Company Scrapbook Papers
- Plaid Scrapbook Paper
- Flower Pattern Scrapbook Paper
- Brown w/ Glitter Flower Pattern Scrapbook Paper
- Ranger Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads – Tea Dye (TIM19510)
- 4” Doily Paper
- Recollections Brads Attaches Parisiennes
- Handmade Mulberry Paper Flowers – Black – Red and Hot Pink (306)
- 1” Circle Punch
- Recollections Mulberry Paper Mini Roses
- Semi-Transparent Pink Ribbon with Swirl Pattern
- Wilton 4” Lollipop Stick (1912-1006)
- Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors (42-00002)
- Textured Green Cardstock
How To Make The Card Base
- Cut a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Pink Cardstock and fold in half to create the base foundation for the card.
- Cut a 4” x 2” piece of Flower Pattern Scrapbook Paper.
- Use the Tea Dye color distress ink to distress the edges.
- Glue it to the top portion on the front of the card, set it about ⅛” from the top and ¼” from each side.
- Cut a 4” x 3” piece of Plaid Scrapbook Paper.
- Use the Tea Dye color distress ink to distress the edges
- Glue it to the bottom portion on front of the card, set it about ⅛” from the bottom of the previous Flower Pattern piece and ¼” from each side this will leave a little extra open on the bottom but we are going to cover that with grass later.
- Glue the 4” Doily Paper to the top portion on the front of the card, set it flush with the top and ¼” from each side.
How To Make The Pinwheel
- Using Brown w/ Glitter Flower Pattern Scrapbook Paper cut the small pinwheel from the PINWHEEL MEDIUM AND SMALL SCALLOP.svg file at default size which came out at 4” x 4” with my machine.
- Use the instructions in the PINWHEEL INSTRUCTIONS.pdf file to fold the pinwheel and closing it off with a Recollections Brad Attaches Parisiennes.
- Glue a Hot Pink Handmade Mulberry Paper Flowers centered on the brad used make the pinwheel.
- Print the One Fun Day sentiment from the PINWHEEL 1 INCH CIRCLE SENTIMENTS.pdf file on white cardstock.
- Use a 1” circle punch to punch out the sentiment.
- Glue this on the pink accent flower that was glued to the brad, make sure to center as best you can.
- Glue a Pink Recollections Mulberry Paper Mini Rose to the center of the 1” circle sentiment.
- Print the One Fun Day sentiment banner from the PINWHEEL SENTIMENTS.pdf file on white cardstock.
- Carefully wrap the banner around the lollipop stick aligning the edges and sealing it with glue.
- Make sure to leave about ⅞” open at the bottom of the stick.
- Just above the banner tie the Semi-Transparent Pink Ribbon with Swirl Pattern around the Lollipop stick.
- Glue the top of the Lollipop stick to the center of the back of the pinwheel, try to use the photo above as a guide to align the blades of the pinwheel, leaving no more than 2 ½” exposed of the lollipop stick.
- Glue the back of the Pinwheel to the top of the card centering it on the doily paper.
How To Make The Grass
- Cut a 4” x 1” piece of green cardstock and use the fringe scissors to cut the grass repeating about four times until you cover the whole piece with cuts.
- Bend some of the blades of grass and feel free to cut a few random blades a little shorter to give it life.
- Glue this to the card about 1/16” from the bottom and ¼” from each side
Well that’s all I have for you this time. I hope you enjoyed making this card and as always I hope you will make your own embellishments and unique tweaks to make it your own. If you have any questions feel free to post them in the comments.
Have a great day!