Time to use another great cutting set from The Cutting Cafe, this one is called Shirt and Tie Shaped Card Set. This is really fun shaped card, and since I want to make something special for my husband for father’s day I decide to change it up bit and make a fancy fold book using the envelope that come with the Shirt and Tie Shaped Card Set as a base. I’m always looking for ways to make mini books for pictures and this envelope was perfect for the job. I have several pictures below showing many of the different stages in making the mini-book.
- Cutting Machine (Sizzix, Cricut, Pazzles, Boss Kut, etc) with Software
- OR Vector Viewing/Editing Software, a Printer, and Scissors
- Desktop Publishing Software
Other Products Used
- Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Black Cardstock
- Cream Cardstock
- Red Cardstock
- Echo Park Company (Times and Seasons) Scrapbooking paper collection
- Stampin’ Up! 1-3/8” Circle Punch (119849)
- Stampin’ Up! Pastels
- Hemp Twine
- Offray Woven Ribbon (Black and White)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (frayed burlap)
- We R Memory Keepers (Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper)
- Celebrate it Paper Sacks (Black)
- Brown Buttons
Here is the envelope, you will need to make it a little bigger than the default cut size in order to make it fit the paper bags.
Here you can see the two paper bags on the sides they need to be able to open and close inside of the book.
This shows tie shape card was used here using the Shirt and Tie Shaped Card Set.
Here is the book open , the inserts that are behind the pictures are going to be letters my kids are going to write to their dad. I think this will be an awesome present for my husband and something fun to see when years pass and read that letters again.
I hope you will enjoy making this layout. As always I hope you will make your own embellishments and unique tweaks to make it your own. If you have any questions feel free to post them in the comments.
Have a great day!